Donor: Bureau of Indian Education
Award Up to $30,000
- All applicants for the STEM Loan for Service must be in good academic standing. Please upload your most recent transcript verifying your academic eligibility for this program.
- The AIGC STEM Loan for Service opportunity is primarily intended for individuals with a willingness and ability to accept employment with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Indian Education, other federal agencies/positions primarily serving American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities, state or local government agencies/positions primarily serving AI/AN communities or tribal governments. Secondarily, AIGC STEM Loan for Service recipients MAY be approved for employment in non-government organizations (NGO), Community Based Organizations (CBO) or other organizations where the STEM Loan for Service Fellow will work primarily with or within American Indian Communities. The BIE Office of Higher Education holds the sole responsibility for approval of all aforementioned positions which must begin within six (6) months of graduation; therefore, it is imperative that recipients understand that they should seek a variety of positions prior to completing their graduate program. Most BIE position openings can be reviewed at www.usajobs.com. Selecting the “I agree” box below indicates to AIGC and the BIE that applicants and eventual recipients of the AIGC STEM Loan for Service agree to seek and accept employment in the primary foci areas of this award. Please note that in some cases it may require that a recipient RELOCATE to obtain suitable employment for this service related payback.
- In 500 words or less, please describe how your selected STEM major will apply to the intent of the STEM Loan for Service program (see previous question) as it applies to our personal committment to serve the American Indian and Alaska Native community.
- Please list your four (4) most recent paid and unpaid employment positions
- Dates of employment
- Describe the duties of the position
- Name of organization
- Title of your position
- Please list up to four (4) community engagement opportunities in which you have recently engaged
- Dates of this community engagement
- Describe the activities in which you participated for this community engagement opportunity
- Name of Organization
- Please list up to four (4) leadership roles you have held in recent years
- Dates of leadership role
- Describe the activities associated with this leadership role
- Leadership role/position/title
- Name of organization
- LFS: Please provide contact information for someone who can address questions regarding your academic strengths and abilities. Make sure you enter a correct email address for the person you named to be your reference.
- LFS: Please provide contact information for someone who can address your community service and leadership history and potential. Make sure you enter a correct email address for the person you named to be your reference.
- Program Plan: If you have a Program Plan (a map of coursework by terms toward degree/diploma completion), please upload it here. This will help program staff to determine your persistence and academic success for future funding.
- Please tell us how you heard about the American Indian Graduate Center and our opportunities. This information will help to inform us in future outreach activities.