Our next FSMA Grower Training for Native American farmers and food businesses will be held May 31 – June 1 in Rapid City, South Dakota. Please contact Food Safety Coordinator Sandy Martini (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to register for an event.
Event details will be added as soon as we finalize them, so check back for updates!
Produce Safety Alliance
FSMA Grower Training
for Native American farmers and food businesses
Wednesday, May 31 – Thursday, June 1
8 am to 5 pm
Ramkota Best Western Hotel
2111 N LaCrosse St
Rapid City, SD 57701
Hosted by the Indigenous Food and Agriculture Initiative in cooperation with the
Intertribal Agriculture Council
What to Expect at the PSA Grower Training Course
- Fruit and vegetable growers who plan to sell produce in the marketplace must meet the Food Safety Modernization Act Produce Safety Rule requirement that requires “At least one supervisor or responsible party for your farm must have successfully completed food safety training equivalent to that received under standardized curriculum recognized by the Food and Drug Administration.”
- Participants will learn about FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirements and details on how to develop a farm food safety plan.
- Participants will be eligible to receive a certificate that verifies they have completed the training course.
- To receive a certificate, a participant must be present for the entire training and submit the appropriate paperwork to their trainer at the end of the course.
- There is NO COST to attend the course. Limited travel scholarships are available. First come first served.
Register now by sending an email with name and address to Sandy Martini at email@example.com or call 479-575-4434.
Upcoming FOOD SAFETY TRAININGS:
June 6-7 (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
8 am to 5 pm
St Paul, Minn. (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Portland, Ore. (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Phoenix, Ariz. (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Santa Fe, NM (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Pendleton, Ore. (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Cherokee, NC (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Green Bay, Wis. (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Seneca, NY (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Norman, Okla. (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Elton, La. (FDA FSMA Grower Training)
Las Vegas, NV (FDA FSMA Train the Trainer, FSPCA and Animal Feed training event, pre-IAC meeting event)